This tattoo is in memory of my grandfathers who both passed away when I was in college. The reason I got poppy flowers is threefold: My first grandfather who passed (Vincenzo) used to grow flowers, my second grandfather who passed (Joseph) I used to call “Poppy” and perhaps the best reason of all is the poppy flower is the symbol for veteran remembrance and life after death.
Both of my grandfathers bravely fought in WWII, Vincenzo a member of the 9th Armored Division and part of the Band of Brothers, and Joseph an Aviation Engineer and sole survivor of his troop. They are both dearly loved and missed and I am proud to have this gorgeous piece to carry them with me always.
- hannahlavenburg likes this
- piercemepleasure reblogged this from heykateface
- walkadifferentstreet likes this
- arynnelizabeth likes this
- tastyfuck likes this
- daniellegonzales likes this
- nopoppies likes this
- mygracelessheart reblogged this from heykateface and added:
- fuckyeahstuffandthings likes this
- kesford said: You should SOOOO Submit this to fuckyeahtattoos :)
- kesford likes this
- heykateface posted this